iHire, an award-winning, industry-focused online talent platform headquartered in Downtown Frederick, MD, seeks an Admin Coordinator to join our Administrative team.
This position is primarily responsible for administering a variety of general office activities including clerical, bookkeeping, office support, and basic human resources administration. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company with a nationally recognized workplace culture. If you are accountable, optimistic, collaborative, and passionate about administrative support, we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do:
- Accounts receivable duties - customer invoicing, assist with billing questions, and overdue accounts
- Process customer credit card payments, credit card and ACH payments and make and post bank deposits
- Lead accounts payable efforts including processing expense reports and vendor invoices
- Basic reporting related to accounts receivable
- Respond to customer chargebacks and disputes on an as needed basis consistent with merchant deadlines
- Research of data and document compilation as needed, in support for annual audit and budget
- Other bookkeeping duties as assigned
Human Resources Support
- Coordinate and assist in pre-onboarding/onboarding and maintaining of new hires/associates
- Assists with the coordination of employee appreciation initiatives and events, including all-hands meetings
- Maintain employee personnel and medical files and ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness, ensure security, integrity, and confidentiality of data
- Assist with benefits, including open enrollment and other HR duties as assigned
- Answering/responding to phone calls, scheduling appointments, emails, scanning, printing, saving documents and basic filing
- Works with vendors related to facilities and office management as well as vendor communications/ meetings as needed
- Supervises the maintenance and housekeeping of office facilities
- Ordering of breakroom/office supplies as needed and directed
- Offsite visits to the post office, shipping overnight packages and mail items
What You Will Bring:
- Some college plus 1-3 years’ experience in office experience
- Polished communication skills, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Provide strong customer service to staff at all levels of the company
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in spreadsheet, word-processing, and email/calendar applications.
- Ability to learn new and proprietary software packages
- QuickBooks and Bill.com experience is preferred
- Administrative benefits and HR experience is a plus
- Effective planning and organization skills to effectively manage multiple tasks/projects at any given time. Ability to manage time and meet commitments and deadlines
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to set priorities based on company needs, priorities, and preferences, and develop solutions to company challenges
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage through change and transition
- Proactive and collaborative working style
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to stay abreast of trends and assimilate new job-related information appropriately
- Ability to follow established protocols and processes
- Great attention to detail
Why You’ll Love iHire:
- We offer a competitive salary plus an exceptional benefits package including generous PTO, flextime, comprehensive health benefits, professional development opportunities, matching 401(k), and more!
- Schedule flexibility (our normal office hours are 9 am to 5 pm, (M-F)
- Enjoy a collaborative & fun work environment in our unbeatable office location-right by beautiful Carroll Creek in the heart of Downtown Fredrick
- Option to work remote most of the time, support in office required depending on business needs
- We provide you with the equipment you need as well as a monthly internet stipend
- We prefer dashboards over status reports, empowerment over directiveness, and constantly shipping value to our customers
- Leadership works hard to maintain the psychological safety of staff, allowing for open collaboration and ideas from all employees regardless of seniority
Who We Are:
iHire has been in business for more than 20 years (and counting), helping job seekers just like you find great opportunities in their industry. But iHire isn’t your average company. We value passion, ability, enthusiasm, and dedication. And we provide a flexible environment where the best employees can thrive, grow with us, and become leaders while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Although we’ve temporarily exchanged our famously stocked breakroom and in-person social events for virtual happy hours and “Zoom” Pictionary, you’ll quickly find out why iHire is a great place to work – even when working remotely!
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our clients and communities. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, people of all ages, and veterans to apply. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds and perspectives.