Administer various employee benefits plans such as health, dental, life, and disability insurances, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, and leave of absence. Answer employees’ benefit questions and record employee enrollment in benefit programs.
*This is a Hybrid work schedule.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enroll employees in benefit plans and provide benefits orientation.
- Process status changes and review claims.
- Process open enrollment benefits plan transfers.
- Investigate and resolve questions regarding delivery and payment for services by contacting health care professionals and other service providers, benefit plan providers, and employees.
- Maintain vendor contact to investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Provide vendors appropriate documentation for life, retirement and disability benefits claims.
- Evaluate and compare existing employee benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information.
- Analyze results of comparison and surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Assist in preparing materials and in presenting benefit plan changes to employees.
- Process leave of absence approvals and rejections.
- Maintain employee benefit files, enrollment forms and other record keeping.
- Review reports from plan providers to verify accuracy and resolve differences.
- Prepare monthly benefit invoices for payment.
- Enter personal data, benefits, compensation adjustments, attendance, and performance reviews into computerized human resources information system.
- Send enrollment information and payment to benefit plan providers and other plan administrators.
- Calculate amount of employees’ paycheck deductions for benefits, submit to payroll, and resolve discrepancies.
- Handle workers compensation issues including investigating accidents, arranging for treatment, preparing reports, and maintaining reports of accidents and injuries.
- Attend department meetings as required.
- Ensures a strong commitment to quality and adheres to all ISO 9001 related standards.
- Complies with all safety policies and reports any safety issues immediately to a manager.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively multi-task.
- Knowledge of PC applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and ABRA.
- Must demonstrate working proficiency of the English language
- Can effectively communicate with, but not limited to, English speaking employees/other business contacts (contractors, customers, vendors, etc).
- Successfully comprehends business materials written in English (job assignments, instructions, etc)
- Education: High School Diploma/ GED Required.
- Physical Demands: Moderate lifting to 40 lbs.
Three years benefit administration experience.