iHire, an industry-focused online talent platform headquartered in Downtown Frederick, MD, has an opening for full-time Finance and Accounting Director to help our growing team.
You will have the opportunity to lead the financial and fiscal management aspects of iHire’s operations. You will provide leadership, and also take a hands-on approach to the management and coordination of the business planning, accounting, finance, and budgeting work of iHire.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive company that works hard and plays hard (even in our temporarily 100% remote environment)! If you are passionate about numbers and providing critical financial insight and strategic support to the CEO as our company continues to grow and evolve, we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do:
- Direct and oversee all financial functions of the organization including A/P, A/R, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Distill large amounts of data and complex concepts into digestible, actionable takeaways for business leadership.
- Monitor and audit the financial health of the organization, providing oversight and directional guidance on business deals, regular transactions, and spending that impacts the organization’s financial well-being.
- Maintain chart of accounts, oversee weekly bookkeeping tasks, and ensure bank reconciliations are completed. Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts; lead re-forecasting efforts as appropriate.
- Mange cash and investing activities.
- Manage vendor partners (banks, credit card processors, accounting firms, etc.).
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audit and tax preparation.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Support decision making and accurate planning through the development of financial models, summary of assumptions, and key financial metric analyses.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or other related discipline, plus 8 to 10 years’ experience in a senior accounting capacity.
- Experience supporting subscription/SaaS business and sound understanding of SaaS business metrics and revenue models.
- Proven professional experienced in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and automated financial reporting systems (QuickBooks desired).
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Experience in budgeting/forecasting/variance analysis.
- Effective planning and organization skills to successfully manage multiple priorities at any given time. Reliability to maintain established schedule, manage time and priorities, and meet commitments and deadlines.
- Polished interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to stay abreast of regulations and assimilate new job-related information appropriately.
Why You’ll Love iHire:
- We offer a competitive salary plus an exceptional benefits package including generous PTO, flextime, comprehensive health benefits, professional development opportunities, matching 401(k), and more!
- Enjoy a collaborative, fun, and flexible (and currently remote) work environment – we’ll even provide you with the equipment you need as well as a monthly internet stipend.
Who We Are:
iHire has been in business for more than 20 years (and counting), helping job seekers just like you find great opportunities in their industry. But iHire isn’t your average company. We value passion, ability, enthusiasm, and dedication. And, we provide a flexible environment where the best employees can thrive, grow with us, and become leaders while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Although we’ve temporarily exchanged our famously stocked breakroom and in-person social events for virtual happy hours and “Zoom” Pictionary, you’ll quickly find out why iHire is a great place to work – even when working remotely!
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our clients and communities. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, people of all ages, and veterans to apply. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds and perspectives.