Job ID: 164029105
What youll be doing...
Driving continuous improvement is what we are all about and you will support our efforts through providing objective evaluations of our technology processes to make us better, because here, better matters. Youll gain exposure to the diverse aspects of our business through collaborating with different business leaders related to our technology controls, processes, and systems. The work you perform is critical to reducing risk and providing solutions that protect our company, our employees and our shareholders.
- Developing and executing technology-based audits and application control assessments during complex business process reviews.
- Learning the functions being audited to verify the effectiveness of existing technology controls.
- Identifying technology control risks to improve process effectiveness.
- Developing action plans and communicating concise recommendations to management.
- Identifying risks associated with new technology.
- Participating in department initiatives to further develop the Internal Audit function.
- As an auditor on the Network Technology Audit team in Internal Audit, you will be primarily focused on performing audits of both wireline and wireless Network infrastructure and applications.
- Evaluating Network applications, services, security operations, and controls.
- Provide in-depth technical analysis of applications, systems and architectures being reviewed by the Network and Technology Audit team.
- Ensuring safeguards are in place to defend against cyber-attacks such as denial of service or malware.
- Evaluating the control environment supporting Network Reliability.
- Primary Business Partnering:
- Global Technology Planning
- Global Network Management
- National Network Operations
- Wireline & Wireless Network Security
What were looking for...
Youre a team player who enjoys collaborating with various stakeholders to achieve winning outcomes. You understand the importance of keeping the lines of communication across all levels to earn trust. You listen carefully with an intent to understand. You like digging into the details and coming up with recommendations that will have a big impact.
Youll need to have:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, a related technical field, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Experience in Network engineering and/or operations teams, or experience in the Network Security Risk Management organization.
- Experience applying technical knowledge in at least one of the following areas: operations, engineering, maintenance engineering, planning, and/or security audits.
- Detailed knowledge of networks, operating systems, routing or switching infrastructure equipment, personal computers, system development, client/server architecture.
- CISA, CRISC, CISM, or CISSP certification.
- CCNA certification.
- Experience with IMS, VoLTE, OpenStack, Intelligent Edge Network, FiOS, Oracle DB, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, Microsoft.NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, or Hyperion applications.
- Technology Audit experience in a Public Accounting firm.
When you join Verizon...
Youll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering Americas fastest and most reliable network, were leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but were about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.