This position is responsible for accounting processes, compliance, and financial reporting consistent with sound internal control and data integrity. Primary duties are oversight and management of general ledger processing, related financial statements and managerial reports as directed (including audited reports, government, and other compliance reporting and related research issues.) This position manages the Accounting department and reports to the Executive Director. This position operates as a team with the Directors at the mission and attends regular meetings with them as well as with the other managers and the full staff. This position meets with the Treasurer, Finance Committee and/or the full board.
1. Supervise accounting personnel and manage accounting processes.
2. Coordinate annual independent audit.
3. Responsible for maintenance of the chart of accounts.
4. Responsible for the annual budgeting functions including training of Directors, analysis of information and preparation of the Controller’s presentation to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
5. Maintain and improve accounting systems and policies, consistent with best practices, to effectively manage operations.
6. Prepare monthly financial reports for presentation to committee’s and Board of Directors.
7. Responsible for daily operations of accounting system.
8. Assist with or complete as required Federal, State, and local annual reporting including IRS 990, CA 199, property tax exemptions and reporting, and licensures.
9. Responsible for conservative and accurate cash management and related reporting.
10. Responsible for grant and restricted fund accounting and reports. Work with the Director of Development regarding grant requirements.
11. Complete annual applications for Mission insurance policies. Negotiate and comply with liability insurance coverage and requirements for assets and volunteers.
12. Assist with the administration of employee benefit programs as well as annual negotiations and comparisons of providers.
13. Responsible for maintenance of asset records.
14. Assist with basic IT support and coordination of IT services and maintenance.
15. Oversight of the shared administration and accounting budget.
16. Supervise research issues and compliance with applicable regulations governing accounting functions.
17. Responsible for maintaining clear communication and good working relationships with directors and managers.
18. Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of information, data, and records.
19. Provide training to accounting staff on accounting and best business practices.
20. Properly use tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
21. Maintain sound internal control and record-keeping in the performance of job duties.
22. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in the performance of job duties.
23. Demonstrate good organization and communicational skills in the performance of job duties.
24. Perform all other duties as necessary in relation to this position.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, a Certified Public Accountant or equivalent certification; OR equivalent experience (5 to 10 years) of progressively responsible duties as a senior accounting administrator with budget, financial accountability and staff development responsibilities; OR equivalent experience in private sector corporate management, public sector corporate management and thorough knowledge of the programs at the Mission.
Job ID: 249438369