5 - 10 years
Active Minerals International LLC (AMI) is the largest producer and market leader of air float kaolin and gel quality attapulgite clay minerals. Its products are sold throughout the world for industrial, agricultural and construction related applications. Its vision, mission, and values are based on the core values of Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, Execution and Safety.
We are currently seeking a Plant Accounting Manager to be based in our Quincy FL location.
Function as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control divisions assigned. Lead the financial functions and staff at the plant and related facilities and be accountable for plant level responsibilities including general accounting, payroll, cost accounting, business analysis, financial reporting, budgeting, quarterly forecasting and capital project financial analysis. Will also liaison with corporate financial staff regularly.
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO), 5 weeks PTO after 5 years
- 401k plan with 6% match
- 3 Medical plans to choose from
- Dental & Vision plans
- Short term, long term disability, and life insurance company paid
- Tuition and Certification Reimbursement Programs
- Responsible for internal controls at the plant and related facilities for operations, sales, finance and accounting.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions and reporting for a timely month-end close and accurate basis by working closely with the corporate Assistant Controller.
- Ensure the accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results; investigate and explain physical adjustments; review and write off obsolete inventory as needed.
- Responsible for preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecast of plant’s financial operations
- Prepare and analyze weekly and monthly reports of results as required or requested, to be completed accurately and in accordance with corporate format and due date.
- Assist in the preparation of capital expenditure financial analysis to ensure accuracy of cost data used.
- Manage fixed assets; perform periodic audits; maintain depreciation schedules.
- Attend and participate in meetings as needed.
- Perform periodic walkthroughs of the plant with the Operations and/or Plant Manager to discuss production and cost issues. Analyze reports for labor and material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, quality control and inventory levels.
- Assist with year-end audit and other audits and inquiries as required.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts monthly and make required adjustments where needed.
- Understand and document multiple business and accounting systems, reporting conventions and other systems as necessary.
Job Requirements and Skill Sets:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration.
- MBA or CPA is preferred but not required.
- 8 years of relevant experience in a mining/manufacturing environment and/or public accounting.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lead/motivate staff effectively to achieve goals and provide coaching intended to develop them to their fullest potential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Organizational savvy to effectively convey ideas and concepts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to travel independently (domestic) with a valid drivers license.
“Active Minerals International is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, religion, disability, marital status, national origin, race, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.”
Job ID: 239637533