Job ID: 215995649
5 - 10 years
Seeking a talented and dedicated Senior Accountant!
Continental Properties Company, Inc. is looking for the absolute best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals as a Senior Accountant at our home office in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
This position works closely with our Accounting Manager to facilitate a variety of accounting activities. The position is responsible for maintaining the company’s records and general ledger, as well as preparing the company’s financial statements.
What you will do:
- Assist in the month‐end closing process to ensure seamless close out
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and supporting schedules
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for cash, receivables, payables, accruals, notes payable and other debt obligations
- Analyze revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities and ensure proper accounting is consistently applied
- Assist with calculation of quarterly distributions and processing of investor payments
- Determine and monitor cash requirements for numerous entities on a recurring basis
- Perform purchase and sale accounting for diverse and unique transactions
- Provide support for the preparation and presentation of financial reports including quarterly consolidated
- financial statements
- Responsible for coordination with the auditors for three entity year‐end audits
- Assist and direct less experienced members of accounting team as necessary and/or requested
- Special projects as assigned, often of a confidential, complex and/or urgent nature
What we need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of Accounting experience; preference towards public accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Exceptional communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, multi‐task, use quality judgement and decision‐making skills, and take ownership of processes and results
Continental is a great place to work, as shown by our six consecutive Top Workplace awards. Here are some of the reasons that our employees vote for us as a Top Workplace:
- Exceptional company culture that encourages innovation and empowers all team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools critical to achieving a successful and meaningful career.
- Industry-leading compensation and benefits package including Gold and Platinum Medical Plan options, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) with company match and company provided life and disability insurance.
- A world-class work environment with potential for long-term growth and advancement in the industry, paid professional memberships and professional activities (conferences and workshops) and a tuition and certification reimbursement program.
- Paid holidays and generous vacation time; summer hours in August (home office closes at 12 p.m. each Friday with full pay for the day).
- Participation in our Building Above and Beyond (BAAB) incentive program that rewards employees based on the success of the company as measured against clearly defined goals.
- For employees who are interested, regular offsite gatherings coordinated by employees. Company sponsored lunches on a monthly basis.
- Strong communication between executive management and team members, including interactive quarterly lunch discussions on strategic progress and annual “State of the Company” meeting.
Continental Properties Company, Inc. is a proven, dynamic and diverse national real estate development company. Over our 39 year history, we have grown from a small real estate company to a major presence in the development industry. Continental is committed to providing the best benefits in the business and fostering a collegial environment where autonomy and teamwork intersect to create the opportunity for you to do what you do best every day.
Do you have talent, ambition and drive? Are you interested in working with highly capable, collegial, and professional people who respect and appreciate the contributions of others? If so, please submit your resume and cover letter today!
Continental Properties Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For the benefit of our residents, the communities we serve, and our co-workers, all applicants are required to pass a post-offer background check prior to joining the Continental team.